Kids will love getting their hands messy to make the pizza dough! They will be sure to love choosing their pizza's toppings too!
While your kids are helping out, you can also pause to discuss which FOOD GROUP each ingredient belongs to and share some fun facts about this meal's theme, PIZZA!
🍕 pizza 🍕
- It is believed that pizza was invented in Naples in the early 1500s.
- The first pizzeria in America was opened in New York City.
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza topping in the United States.
- More pizza is consumed in the United States on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of year.
- To prepare a pizza's dough, some pizza makers toss and spin the dough in the air. Tossing the dough helps form the dough's round shape, retain the right amount of moisture, and create the pizza's uniform crust.
Here are some creative ways for your kid to be your personal Sous Chef as you make our Homemade Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza. Simply hover over each image for details. Make sure your little dudes wash their hands before starting!
To make the pizza dough, kids can:
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
To dress the pizza, kids can:
*Note: For toddlers especially, these tasks require adult supervision and/or assistance, as items may be sharp, hot or otherwise dangerous.