From chopping veggies to measuring/sprinkling/pouring ingredients, there are lots of easy tasks for kids to assist with these lettuce wraps. Our kids especially loved filling their lettuce leaves like a sandwich/pita.
While your kids are helping out, you can also pause to discuss which FOOD GROUP each ingredient belongs to and share some fun facts about this meal’s featured ingredient: butterhead LETTUCE.
- Fruit: none
- Veggies: celery, onion, garlic, ginger, carrots, lettuce, edamame2
- Grains: none
- Protein: chicken, peanuts, edamame2
- Dairy: none
1For information about food and health, go to ChooseMyPlate.gov.
2Beans are so nutritious that they’re classified as both a vegetable AND a protein.
- Butterhead lettuce is known for its tender and smooth leaves which can be used in salads or to wrap other foods.
- Bibb, Boston and Butter lettuce are all different varieties of Butterhead lettuces.
- Butterhead lettuce is full of water and very low in calories. It’s known for its sweet, mild and succulent flavor.
- This vegetable is very high in Vitamin A, which helps protect against infections and keeps our eyes and skin healthy.
Here are some creative ways for your kid to be your personal Sous Chef as you make our Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Edamame. Simply hover over each image for details. Make sure your little dudes wash their hands before starting!
🍴Chicken & Veggies🍴
To make the chicken and veggie mixture, kids can:
We’re big fans of these Curious Chef kid-safe knives.
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
To make the edamame, kids can:
To assemble the lettuce wraps, kids can:
*Note: For toddlers especially, these tasks require adult supervision and/or assistance, as items may be sharp, hot or otherwise dangerous.