Between rolling, measuring, stirring and scooping, there are tons of ways for kids to help with our Mini Turkey Pot Pies Recipe. In our house, working with the dough was my kids’ favorite part! If you can spare any, let your kids play with some of the dough scraps.
While your kids make this meal with you, pause to discuss which FOOD GROUP each ingredient belongs to and share some fun facts about this meal’s featured ingredient: TURKEY
- Turkeys are large birds native to North America.
- Male turkeys are larger and more colorful than the females. Male turkeys’ feathers may have shades of red, bronze, copper or gold.
- Turkeys have between 5,000 to 6,000 feathers.
- Wild turkeys can fly short distances, but domestic turkeys cannot.
- Turkey is rich in protein and rich in many vitamins and nutrients.
Here are some creative ways for your kid to be your personal Sous Chef as you make our Mini Turkey Pot Pies Recipe. Just hover over each image for details. And make sure your little dudes wash their hands before starting!
Note: This post contains affiliate links.