There is a ton of chopping, measuring and mixing for this meal, so kids can easily get involved! My kids also couldn't stop snacking on the pumpkin seeds which made it all the more fun!
While your kids are helping out, you can also pause to discuss which FOOD GROUP each ingredient belongs to and share some fun facts about this meal's featured ingredient: CHICKEN
- Chickens are the most common birds on earth.
- Female chickens are called hens and male chickens are called roosters.
- Chickens are raised mainly for their eggs and meat.
- A hen's eggs can be many colors, especially white, brown, and green.
- Chicken is high in protein and pretty low in calories.
- Chicken is also rich in important vitamins and nutrients like B vitamins and vitamin D, which help keep our bodies healthy and strong.
Here are some creative ways for your kid to be your personal Sous Chef as you make our Perfect Picnic Chicken Salad Sandwich. Simply hover over each image for details. Make sure your little dudes wash their hands before starting!
🍴Chicken Salad Mixture🍴
To help out, kids can:
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
*Note: For toddlers especially, these tasks require adult supervision and/or assistance, as items may be sharp, hot or otherwise dangerous.