There are tons of ways for kids to help make this Simple Spaghetti with Turkey Marinara & Hidden Veggies. Chopping, mixing, taste-testing ♥️I mean, who doesn't love spaghetti?!
While your kids are helping out, you can also pause to discuss which FOOD GROUP each ingredient belongs to and share some fun facts about this meal's featured ingredient: SPAGHETTI
- Fruits: none
- Veggies: onion, carrot, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes2
- Grains: pasta
- Protein: turkey
- Dairy: cheese
1For information about food and health, go to ChooseMyPlate.gov.
2Tomatoes are classified by botanists as fruit, but nutritionally and legally they are considered veggies.
- Spaghetti is a long, thin noodle made from wheat flour and water.
- Fresh spaghetti is made with a rolling pin and a knife, or using modern pasta machines.
- The word spaghetti comes from the Italian word 'spaghetto,' which translates to 'thin string' or 'twine.'
- Spaghetti is rich in carbohydrates, which give our body energy.
Here are some creative ways for your kid to be your personal Sous Chef as you make our Simple Spaghetti with Turkey Marinara & Hidden Veggies. Just hover over each image for details. And make sure your little dudes wash their hands before starting!
To help make the sauce, kids can:
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
To prepare the pasta, kids may:
*Note: For toddlers especially, these tasks require adult supervision and/or assistance, as items may be sharp, hot or otherwise dangerous.