There are tons of ways for kids to help make this Stuffed Bell Peppers with Beefy, Cheesy Yumminess Recipe. The best part is filling up the peppers with the yummy filling!
While your kids are helping out, you can also pause to discuss which FOOD GROUP each ingredient belongs to and share some fun facts about this meal’s featured ingredient: BELL PEPPERS
- Fruits: none
- Veggies: bell peppers2, onion, garlic, tomatoes2
- Grains: pasta
- Protein: beef
- Dairy: cheese
1For information about food and health, go to ChooseMyPlate.gov.
2Tomatoes and bell peppers are classified by botanists as fruit, but nutritionally and legally they are considered veggies.
- Bell peppers are classified by botanists as fruit, but nutritionally and legally they are considered veggies.
- Bell peppers are native to Central and South America.
- You can eat bell peppers cooked or raw. The peppers are usually red, yellow, green or orange.
- Bell peppers contain important vitamins, like vitamin A and vitamin C, and they offer a number of health benefits.
Here are some creative ways for your kid to be your personal Sous Chef as you make our Stuffed Bell Peppers with Beefy, Cheesy Yumminess Recipe. Simply hover over each image for details. And make sure your little dudes wash their hands before starting!
To help prepare the pasta, kids can:
Oh, good ol’ Pyrex makes our world go round!
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
To prepare the peppers, kids may:
To prepare the filling, kids may:
*Note: For toddlers especially, these tasks require adult supervision and/or assistance, as items may be sharp, hot or otherwise dangerous.