🥣 Creamy Vegetable Pasta
Our creamy vegetable pasta is true comfort food. Veggies, pasta, cheese...you can't go wrong! Make it in under 30 minutes tonight!
- 2 Tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 cups chicken broth/stock
- 8 ounce shell pasta (macaroni or orecchiette work too)
- 10 ounce frozen vegetable mix (peas, green beans, corn, carrots)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 ounce sour cream
- ½ cup milk or cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
Heat medium-sized pan on medium heat. Once heated, add cooking oil and onion and garlic. Cook 2-3 mins.
Add chicken broth, increase heat and bring to a boil. Stir in pasta and cook according to package instructions.
Add remaining ingredients: frozen veggies, seasoning, sour cream, milk/cream, and parmesan. Cook on medium for 5-8 minutes until ingredients are blended and warmed through.
- Make sure there is enough broth to just cover the pasta. Feel free to add more as needed.
- Be careful not to overcook the pasta so that it does not become mushy. We recommend smaller pastas which are less likely to stick to the pan and tend to cook more evenly.
- If you want to add protein, chicken is an extremely delicious addition to this dish!
Serving: 1 bowl | Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 660mg | Potassium: 322mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2588IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 1mg