❤️ Why We Love Paper Peppers
Simple 3D art- It's amazing how with a little bit of effort, you can make your artwork pop off the paper, giving it a beautiful 3D effect. Kids will love the look and feel of their unique works of art.
Fine motor skills- Our paper peppers craft allows kids to put their developing tracing and cutting skills to good use.
Bell pepper facts- Take some time to share some fun bell pepper facts with kids! Did you know that bell peppers are classified by botanists as fruit, but nutritionally and legally they are considered veggies? They also contain important vitamins, like vitamin A and vitamin C, and they offer a number of health benefits.
Note: If you want to craft using real bell peppers, check out our Peppers Art craft.
Notes on supplies:
- Paper- Construction paper is most durable
- Scissors- We love these kid-friendly scissors
🤔 How to Make Paper Peppers
Step 1: Trace and cut out shape of bell pepper (without a stem)*.
Step 3: Glue or tape the folded edges of each strip to the pepper to create two X's, laying on top of each other as follows:
Step 4: Trace and cut out the paper pepper's stem and glue to top of pepper.*
Display your colorful 3D paper peppers!
*For toddlers especially, these tasks may require adult supervision and/or assistance.
🧶 Other Paper Crafts You'll Love
🫑 Pop-Up Paper Peppers
- Red, yellow, green, and/or orange paper
- Glue or Tape
- Pen or pencil
- Trace and cut out shape of bell pepper (without a stem).*
- Cut out four 1" strips of paper. Bend the edges upwards.*
- Glue or tape the folded edges of each strip to the pepper to create two X's, laying on top of each other as displayed.
- Trace and cut out the pepper's stem and glue to top of pepper.*
- Thick construction paper will give your paper pepper more durability.
- Tape or glue can be used to secure the strips of paper to pepper's base.
Want more 28-minute recipes and crafts? Sign up and get recipes straight to your inbox!