Want a festive and healthy snack the whole family will love? Turn your fruit into this adorable fruit turkey platter! This nutritious snack is so adorable and perfect for entertaining!
Turkey Fruit Platters for the whole family!
This is a snack that the whole family can help put together. We decided to use three of our favorite fruits to create our turkey-- apples, kiwi and bananas--but you can really use any fruit of choice. Once the fruit is chopped, kids can get creative and design their turkey's feathers however they would like!
Extra Cuteness for your Turkey Fruit Plate!
We happened to have some of these adorable doll hats at home, so we couldn't resist adding them to our fruit turkey craft. Of course, this is not necessary but just adds a nice touch if you decide to serve this to holiday guests.
While crafting, you and your kids might want to take a moment to learn some fun facts about turkeys:
🍴 Turkey 🍴
- Turkeys are large birds native to North America.
- Male turkeys are larger and more colorful than the females. Male turkeys' feathers may have shades of red, bronze, copper or gold.
- Turkeys have between 5,000 to 6,000 feathers.
- Wild turkeys can fly short distances, but domestic turkeys cannot.
- Turkey is rich in protein and rich in many vitamins and nutrients.
Featured Ingredient: Turkey (not actual turkey, but a turkey made out of fruit!)
Corresponding Recipe: Mini Turkey Pot Pies
Skills supported: Fine motor (cutting, peeling), following instructions, math (composing shapes)
- Dried cranberries or raisins
- Tiny doll hat (optional)
Note: This post contains affiliate links.
See How to Make a Turkey Fruit Platter!
Consider setting up the craft before cooking so kids can get to work right away.
- Start by making the turkey's body. Slice an apple in half. Place the apple in the center of a plate, with the flat side down.
- Create the turkey's feathers by chopping up the remaining apple as well as the kiwi and banana, into small slices. Form 3-4 strands of feathers that extend from the turkey's body.
- Create the turkey's face! Use the raisins to create the turkey's eyes, and a small triangular piece of kiwi to form the turkey's beak.
- As a final step, cut out six small, thin slices of the apple's skin to form the turkey's feet. Add a top hat (optional) and then enjoy your turkey fruit plate!!
*For toddlers especially, these tasks may require adult supervision and/or assistance.
Back to Mini Turkey Pot Pies Recipe
Leave a Reply