If you love pigs in a blanket, you'll love these simple Hot Dogs in Crescent Rolls made in the toaster oven! These crescent hot dogs are so crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside! You will fall in love with this quick, kid-friendly weeknight meal!
Serve these crescent dogs for lunch, dinner or pair with our Turkey Burger Sliders at your next outdoor gathering!
👌 Why We Love Crescent Roll Hot Dogs
- TWO ingredients- You just need crescent rolls and hot dogs!
- Quick and simple! Toaster ovens tend to head up more quickly than traditional ovens! And you'll only need to bake these crescent roll hot dogs for 12 minutes!
- Perfect grab and go meal- If you want to feed your kids fast or one the go, these crescent hot dogs are the perfect choice.
- Customizable- Want to add cheese? Sprinkle some cheese on your crescent rolls before wrapping the hot dogs. You can also dress these hot dogs up with your favorite toppings.
Notes on Ingredients:
Hot dogs- We love Applegate Organic's Uncured Beef Hot Dogs because they contain no antibiotics, nitrates or hormones. FYI, it costs a little more to get organic hot dogs.
Refrigerated Crescent Rolls- Any brand will work but you can never go wrong with Pillsbury Crescents!
- Cutting board- to provide a flat surface for wrapping your hot dogs in crescent rolls
- Baking sheet- lined with foil
- Tongs- for removing hot dogs in crescent rolls from oven
Step 1: Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350° and line baking sheet with foil.
Step 2: Unroll and divide crescent rolls into individual triangles on a flat surface.
Step 3: Place hot dog along the the widest end of crescent and roll dough around hot dog.
Step 4: Place crescent roll hot dogs on baking sheet with the smaller tip of crescent dough facing upwards and bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden.
🥄 Kids Steps: Encourage kids to help wrap the hot dogs, as this is a fun hands-on task! They may also like keeping track of the time as they bake.
✏️ Expert Tips and Tricks
- Purchase good quality hot dogs! We love Applegate Organic's Uncured Beef Hot Dogs because they contain no antibiotics, nitrates or hormones.
- Cover baking tray with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup because the hot dogs can leave a greasy mess.
- Stretch the wide side of dough to cover as much of the hot dog as possible.
- Flip hot dogs in crescent rolls halfway through baking to ensure both sides are crispy.
- If you like your crescents super crispy, add a few extra minutes of baking time. You can also brush the tops of crescent roll hot dogs with butter before baking to help with browning.
- Use tongs to remove crescent dogs from the tray to protect your hands from heat!
🍟 Side Suggestions
Pair these crescent dogs with just about any side of choice! We like serving them with raw veggies (e.g., carrot sticks and sliced cucumbers), chips, or a simple pasta salad, like this amazing Bow Tie Pasta Salad or our Simple Pesto Pasta Salad. We also love our Creamy Vegetable Pasta with this dish!
These crescent roll hot dogs can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to one month.
To reheat, we recommend placing crescent hot dogs in the oven or toaster oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls are typically called crescent roll hot dogs or crescent dogs, for short. They are also commonly referred to as pigs in a blanket.
Yes, these hot dogs can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to one month. Simply assemble and cover tightly with plastic wrap while storing.
We love dipping our hot dogs into ranch dressing, ketchup, mustard, or even some melted cheese!
If you aren't ready to serve these hot dogs, simply leave them on a baking sheet in the oven at 200 degrees until ready to serve.
🧂Variations & Customization
🍅 Make smaller crescent dogs by cutting hot dogs in half and cutting crescent triangles in half before wrapping the dogs (like mini pigs in a blanket).
🍅 Add cheese! Sprinkle some cheese on your crescent rolls before wrapping the hot dogs. Or if you want cheese inside your hot dog, simply slice hot dog down the middle and insert strips of American or Cheddar cheese into the slit before wrapping dog in crescent dough.
🍅 Add toppings. To jazz up your crescent roll hot dogs, sprinkle a few sesame or poppy seeds on top before baking.
🧶 Make Felt Hot Dogs!
While the grown-ups cook, kids can make these adorable felt hot dogs! Why buy play food when you can make it yourself?! Use different color felt to make your fave toppings!
🍽 You May Also Like
🌭 Hot Dogs in Crescent Rolls
- cutting board
- baking sheet
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 8 hot dogs
- Preheat toaster oven to 350° and line baking sheet with foil.
- Open can of crescent rolls. Unroll and divide dough into individual triangles on a flat surface.
- Starting at the widest end, stretch the crescent roll to fit the widest part of the hot dog and roll crescent dough around the hot dog. Repeat for all 6-8 hot dogs.
- Place crescent hot dogs on baking sheet with the smaller tip of crescent dough facing upwards and bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Serve crescent dogs with veggies, chips, for any other side of choice! Offer a side of mustard, ketchup or relish for extra flavor.
- Cover baking tray with foil for easy cleanup.
- Stretch wide side of dough as needed to cover as much of hot dog as possible.
- Flip crescent hot dogs halfway through baking to ensure both sides are crispy.
- If you like your crescents super crispy, add a few extra minutes of baking time. You can also brush the tops of crescent hot dogs with butter before baking to help with browning.
- Use tongs to remove hot dogs from the tray to protect your hands from heat!
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. While we are not certified nutritionists, we work with a WordPress-integrated nutrition API to calculate our recipes' ingredient values.
Want more 28-minute recipes? Sign up and get recipes straight to your inbox!