Handprint crafts never seem to get old in our house! It's such a fun way to capture our kids' age and size in a creative way. So, while cooking with corn this week, we decided to create this adorable Handprint Corn craft.
Note: This activity is an excellent corn craft for preschool and toddlers as it serves as a keepsake for their current age...not to mention it's incredibly adorable!
We love paper crafts, especially when they involve food or the ingredients we cook with! If you're looking for more paper-based food crafts, be sure to check out our Playfood Asparagus and Paper plate tomato craft! Or, for another fun footprint craft, check our our Father's Day pepper craft.
👍 Why we Love this Corn Craft
Minimal supplies and steps- This craft requires very few supplies. Kids simply trace and cut out one handprint, two footprints and glue them together to form the shape of corn on the cob.
Perfect homemade gift- Turn your corn craft into a fridge magnet by adding a small adhesive magnet to the back of your finished product! Or, turn your corn craft into an ornament by taping a small, loop of ribbon to the top of your craft for hanging.
Fine motor skills. This handprint corn craft allows kids to put their developing tracing, cutting and gluing skills to good use.
Corn facts! While crafting, share fun can facts with kids, like how corn is produced in almost every continent in the world and how although most commonly yellow, corn can also be harvested in colors like purple, green and white.
Notes on supplies:
- Construction paper- yellow and green
- Scissors- We highly recommend Westcott's kid-friendly scissors (special left/right handed pair pictured above).
- Glue or Tape
- Small, adhesive magnets like these (optional)
1. Trace and cut out one handprint on yellow paper.
2. Trace and cut out two footprints on green paper.
3. Cross one of your footprint's heels over the other and glue them on top of the bottom of your handprint.
4. Draw several vertical and horizontal lines on your handprint to form your corn kernels. We used an orange colored pencil for this task! Finally, label your corn craft as desired!
Do you love this craft? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the activity card below and/or a review in the comments section towards the bottom of the page.
Follow Platein28 on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook and Sign up for our newsletter for all the latest crafts and recipes!
🎨 Other Paper Crafts
🌽 Handprint Corn Craft
- Trace and cut out one handprint on yellow paper.
- Trace and cut out two footprints on green paper.
- Cross one of your footprint's heels over the other and glue them on top of the bottom of your handprint.
- Draw several vertical and horizontal lines on your handprint to form your corn kernels. We used an orange colored pencil for this task! Finally, label your corn craft as desired!
Want more 28-minute recipes and crafts? Sign up and get recipes straight to your inbox!