👍Why We Love This Fish Puppet Craft
Creative play- The nicest part about this craft is that once your kids create their puppets, they can actually play with them and make a puppet show! Putting on a puppet show with their fish was the perfect activity to keep them busy and creative while I made our Easy Baked Cod with Panko.
A 3D paper craft- Our kids love making their artwork "jump" off the page, as we have done with our 3D Pop-Up Pepper craft.
Fine motor skills. Our fish puppet craft allows kids to put developing cutting, folding, and gluing skills to good use.
Notes on Supplies:
- We used construction paper for the fish puppet cutout, but thinner, colored paper for the scales.
- Tape or Elmer's Glue can be used.
- We love these kid-friendly scissors by Westcott.
Step 1: Draw and cut out your fish.
Step 2: Fold colored paper in half and cut out several small circles.
Step 3: Glue circles, folded side down, onto fish to form scales.
Step 4: Draw the fish puppet's eye and mouth
Step 5: Glue two popsicle sticks to the back of the fish. Now time to play!
🧶 Other Paper Crafts
🐟 Fish Puppet Craft
- Draw and cut out a fish from construction paper.
- Fold 2-3 sheets of colored paper in half. Draw and cut out several half circles along the folded line to form small circular shapes of paper that are folded in the middle. Feel free to vary their sizes.
- Glue or tape the folded side of each circle to the fish to form its scales.
- Draw your fish's eyes and mouth.
- Glue or tape two popsicle sticks to the back of your fish to transform it into a puppet.
Want more 28-minute recipes and crafts? Sign up and get recipes straight to your inbox!