Our Baked Italian Sausage with Veggies is an absolute must-have sheet pan meal! This recipe is packed with flavor, incredibly simple to put together AND can be made in 28 minutes or less!
👍 Why We Love Baked Italian Sausage
One pan- you'll only need ONE pan for this dish. Minimal mess, minimal cleanup!
Few, easy steps- once your veggies and sausages are prepped, just toss and bake!
Flexibility- you have lots of options with this dish: serve baked Italian sausage with peppers and tomatoes on their own, on a roll smothered with mozzarella, or on top of pasta with grated parmesan!
Cooks fast- Like all of our recipes, our baked Italian sausage can be made in 28 minutes or less!
If you love sausage recipes, be sure to also try our Italian Sausage Soup with Orzo and Italian Chicken Sausage Pasta. Super fast and seriously amazing! Or try one of these 35 Italian Sausage Recipes for Dinner!
Notes on Ingredients:
Sausage- While we prefer mild sausage in our family, you can certainly go with medium or spicy.
Veggies- Feel free to adapt this recipe by incorporating your favorite veggies. We love baked Italian sausage with peppers and tomatoes, but potatoes, broccoli or zucchini would be other great options.
Note: Consider holding onto your bell pepper stems for this adorable Bell Peppers Art Craft.
👩🍳 How to Make Baked Italian Sausage with Veggies
- Preheat oven to 425 ° F and line pan with aluminum foil for parchment paper.
- Toss Italian sausage and veggies in oil and seasoning.
- Spread veggies and Italian sausage on pan and bake for 15-20 minutes (flipping halfway through). Sausage is fully cooked when its internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
✏️ Expert Tips & Tricks
✔️Freeze sausage ahead of time to make cutting easier. This is actually a tip from Johnsonville. Put your sausages in the freezer like 15-20 minutes before you're ready to cook. It will be MUCH easier to cut them when they're firmer.
✔️Slice meat into quarter-sized pieces to ensure it cooks quickly.
✔️Control grease. If serving baked Italian sausage with peppers and tomatoes over pasta, keep in mind that baked Italian sausage generates some excess oil, which can help flavor the pasta. But if it's too much grease for you, you can scoop your sausage/veggies onto a paper towel before topping the pasta.
✔️Flip sausage and veggies halfway through cooking to ensure all sides have a crispy, brown finish.
✔️ Be careful not to overcook sausage. Sausage is fully cooked when no longer pink, the juices from the meat run off clear, and the internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
Bake Italian pork sausages at 425ºF for 15-20 minutes or until sausages reach an internal temperature of 160ºF.
Store baked Italian sausage and veggies covered in the fridge for 3-4 days. Or you can freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Yes! Just be sure to allow for an extra 10-15 minutes of cooking time.
Definitely not! We prefer to slice our sausage for faster cooking and when planning to serve over pasta or rice. However, many people prefer to cook sausages whole and without piercing their casings to preserve flavor or when planning to serve sausage on a bun.
👶 Tips for Picky Eaters
Serve with pasta! I don't know about yours, but my kids love pasta. Let them choose their favorite kind!
Don't mix it up if serving with pasta. We chose not to mix the oven roasted sausage and veggies into the pasta just in case our kids couldn't deal. Lol. As a result, we had the option to dish the pasta and sausage/veggies separate on our kids' plates.
Add a side dish! Garlic bread or a side salad would be a great addition. We also love this Creamy Vegetable Pasta!
✂️ Craft for this Recipe
|Cooking with bell peppers tonight? Hold on to the tops of your peppers and let kids get creative with our Peppers Art Craft!|
🍽 You May Also Like...
🍅 Baked Italian Sausage with Veggies
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Toss Italian Sausage and veggies in oil, salt and pepper. This can be done in a separate bowl or on the sheet pan itself. Mix until evenly coated.
- Spread out sausage and veggies evenly on sheet pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping sausage and veggies over halfway through, until sausage is fully cooked and veggies are soft. Optional: Serve roasted sausage and veggie mix over pasta, with parmesan sprinkled atop.
- Put your sausages in the freezer like 15-20 mins before you're ready to cook. It will be MUCH easier to cut them when they're firmer.
- Slice meat into quarter-sized pieces to ensure it cooks quickly.
- Sausages are fully cooked when no longer pink, the juices from the meat run off clear, and the internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
- Control grease. If serving sausage and veggies over pasta, keep in mind that baked Italian sausage generates some excess oil, which can help flavor the pasta. But if it's too much grease for you, you can scoop your sausage/veggies onto a paper towel before topping on pasta.
- Store baked sausage and veggies covered in the fridge for 3-4 days. Or you can freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. While we are not certified nutritionists, we work with a WordPress-integrated nutrition API to calculate our recipes' ingredient values.
Want more 28-minute recipes? Sign up and get recipes straight to your inbox!