We have the most delicious Lazy Sunday Dinner Ideas that are sure to bring your family together. These simple Sunday dinner recipes require minimal ingredients, use a single pan, and come together in 28 minutes or less!
Sundays are meant for spending time with family, not hours of cooking and cleaning. Eating dinner as a family has some real benefits and the meal prep doesn't' need to be super complicated or time-consuming. That's why we've come up with the perfect list of simple one pot dinner recipes that will satisfy the family without pulling loved ones away into the kitchen for hours. Let Sunday be a day for families to be happy lazy together!
From tasty pasta dishes to sandwiches and sheet pan dishes, discover the perfect, flavorful Sunday dish for your family.
👀 What You'll Find Here
To ensure you don't miss out on precious moments with your family, all our lazy Sunday dinner ideas meet the following criteria:
28 minutes or less- All these Sunday dinner recipes come together in under 30 minutes, which means less time cooking and more time hanging out with loved ones.
6 or fewer ingredients- These easy Sunday dinners require 6 or fewer ingredients (excluding salt, pepper and butter/olive oil), making dinner prep all the simpler.
1 pan- Make these lazy Sunday recipes with just one pot or pan! Easy cleanup for the win!
🥗 What to Serve with Sunday Dinner
Looking for a side dish to pair with one of our lazy Sunday dinner ideas? Try some of our favorite veggie sides, like our Roasted Parmesan Asparagus, Microwaved Baked Potato or sliced cucumbers for kids.
If you're craving a pasta side, consider our Cream Cheese Pasta or Pesto Pasta dish. Both pastas pair nicely with most protein dishes! Or enjoy your Sunday dinner recipe with a simple salad, like this Grapefruit Avocado Salad or our delicious Panzanella Toscana Salad.
👏 Lazy Sunday Dinner Ideas
➡️ Related Recipes
❤️ Do you love this recipe? Please leave us a🌟5-star rating🌟 in the recipe card or comment section below.
❤️ Find us on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. And sign up for our newsletter for all the latest recipes and crafts!
🍽️ Lazy Sunday Dinner ideas: 15 One Pan Dishes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Toss Italian Sausage and veggies in oil, salt and pepper. This can be done in a separate bowl or on the sheet pan itself. Mix until evenly coated.
- Spread out sausage and veggies evenly on sheet pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping sausage and veggies over halfway through, until sausage is fully cooked and veggies are soft. Optional: Serve roasted sausage and veggie mix over pasta, with parmesan sprinkled atop.
- Put your sausages in the freezer like 15-20 mins before you're ready to cook. It will be MUCH easier to cut them when they're firmer.
- Slice meat into quarter-sized pieces to ensure it cooks quickly.
- Sausages are fully cooked when no longer pink, the juices from the meat run off clear, and the internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
- Control grease. If serving sausage and veggies over pasta, keep in mind that baked Italian sausage generates some excess oil, which can help flavor the pasta. But if it's too much grease for you, you can scoop your sausage/veggies onto a paper towel before topping on pasta.
- Store baked sausage and veggies covered in the fridge for 3-4 days. Or you can freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. While we are not certified nutritionists, we work with a WordPress-integrated nutrition API to calculate our recipes' ingredient values.
👩🍳 More Quick Dinner Ideas
Want more 28-minute recipes? Sign up and get recipes straight to your inbox!